The DiD DSC uses a number of tools to communicate. The uses of different tools is subject to revision and dynamically changed depending on the group needs and the participants decisions. In order to find out what each of them is being used for, and how to get access to them refer always to this page.
Online meetings are the basic tool and essence of the DSC. Different tools have been used and until a final system is decided you will be able to find here how to meet us.
For the next meeting on Oct 11th 2016 we will be using Mumble. Mumble requires downloading the client. Please see below for details.
This blog has a three fold purpose:
- to be the landing page for non members and help them get in touch with the DSC
- to be a public agora where the ideas, goals, methods and mechanisms used ad pursued by DiD can be discussed. You are invited to comment but also, to post your own articles. So far there are no restrictions on the content or format of the articles. Please you your better judgement. If you want to publish something do send you article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to make our work and ideas known outside the DSC
We use slack for internal communication. Join us!
We use Framapad to work on collaborative documents. If you want to start up a Pad just drop us a line on email@example.com. So far we work on totally open docs. They can be viewed and edited by anyone who has the link. Once a document has been approved me move it to the blog and the pad will be closed.
How to join the meeting in Mumble
- Download and install the client from Mumble site.
- When you launch the client you will be prompted to to configure sound devices (similar to skype)
- When you finish with the audio configuration you will see a page to choose a server and many flags. Ignore them and click on “Add new server“. Enter the following data:
- Label: DiD Mumble (for example)
- Server: binarycat.org
- Port: It will be sent by e-mail and posted in the slack channel for diem25diddsc.slack.com #general. Tag @pedrojuan in the channel before the meeting
- Name: YourName_Location
- Once connected you have to click on the chat room ‘DiD_1’. If you see your name listed with the rest, you are in.
- Please use headphones to avoid “feedback” (squicky noise)
- Please have a look at the Mumble Meeting Etiquette below
Mumble Meeting Etiquette
- There will be a moderator assigning turns of speech.
- To rise your hand type *hand* in the chat, it will appear as hand and it will make it easier for the moderator to follow.
- If you have something SHORT really urgent to respond to someone please type *resp*. It will be to the moderator’s discretion to invite you to speak.
- When someone asks a yes or no question please type +1 (yes), -1(no) or 0 if you prefer not to chose. Please DO use the 0 instead of silence so we know that you are taking part on the process.
- Remember to stay muted when you are not speaking.
We will be testing sound15 minutes prior to every meting.