6/12/2016 Feedback Proposal to the CC

  • Vote on the Italian referendum:
  • Pedro asks about the deadline in the procedure
  • Now we have to make an ad-hoc decision: 13-12-2016 will be the deadline for the vote
  • If someone needs more time, we accept our own procedure
  • Pedro will put the vote on the Slack channel
  • Wessel will send out the e-mail about the vote
  • For the next meeting we will create more proposals for decisions made by DiD 
  • Wessel will create a new Framapad for new procedures
  • How do we assure consensus at some point?
  • Wessel introduced the document
  • Pedro tells that we find ourselves in a critical moment in Diem25
  • People should not feel isolated in the lack of democracy – so we should vote on having this procedure started
  • We can distribute the final text on the coordination list
  • We voted with the group: we will put the proposal forward to the group and start the democratic procedure, giving people 2 weeks to contribute
  • Discuss Position of DiD on the way CC is relating to DSC’s on the organization of events.
  • This goes back to the text we have approved, we should concentrate on the contents of this text
  • The communication of the CC is quite frustrating sometimes, for instance by referring to “simple people” and distributing the communication through many channels
  • The CC has not properly understood what “coordination” means – in fact they are the only ones making policies
  • Ad hoc social media policy should be added to the proposal (previous point)
  • Possibility of organizing DID’s meeting in real life at the same time as the Irish DiD launch in march/april. Organization of grassroots democracy methodolgies.
  • The CC wants to have an event organised in Dublin
  • If this event in Dublin will be organised, we can start organising the grassroots from the bottom up
  • Since the dates were quite close, we could make both meeting coincide
  • We could plan the meeting in the weekend of the 14th of April
  • To be continued…
  • Could we also arrange a survey to ask why people in DiD are not that active anymore? And ask them what kind of launch they would like to see?
  • Will we install a working group for this? – will be with Pedro, Ezekiel & Tuulia
  • The working group should be announced (we might want to create a procedure for this)
  • Presentation by the WG Democratic Tooltesters
  • Vote: will we switch to Frameapad?
  • Framasoft seems like a great organisation; an NGO, sharing our values, established for quite a while already
  • We voted: and all are in favour of Framapad
  • We need to discuss what kind of procedure should apply to this in the future
  • Should we organise online debates which we could propose to all diem25 to discuss particular topics?
  • We move this to the next meeting
  • Channels in Slack: which ones to keep, which ones to archive?
  • Any other business
  • Chair for next meeting
  • Pedro will be the chair
Advertisements